Saturday 22 November 2014

Experimenting with glitter and photoshop

We used a variety of coloured glitters to create the unedited images and then I proceeded to experiment with them on Photoshop.

















I edited this photo to resemble something of tilt shift, blurring everything except a strip across the eyes. This makes the eyes stand out and take centre stage as the focus point of the image. I used the liquify tool to make it appear as though her own features were melting off of her face.









I straightened this image and went around with the burn and dodge tool to emphasise certain areas. The eyes are almost un-naturally sparkly but when the turquoise of them is paired with the sequins, it almost has a marine-seaside feel to it.










This photo was interesting because of the focus and shadows. I liked it but it just seemed a little plain. The first thing I did was convert it to black and white and play around with the vibrance and contrast levels. Then I moved the subjects face so the image fit the rule of thirds. I then played around with the liquify tool which created a really interesting melted effect.

I like this photo because it showed the glitter very clearly. The image itself is almost like a sinister Christmas type thing due to all of the glitter around the subject's mouth. I increased the clarity, contrast, shadows and then burnt areas including the background to give it a more spotlighted effect








I was pleased with how the photos we took with colour came out. The colour was created by placing a see-through tinted acetate sheet on a projector and then switched it on, creating in some cases a subtle (but less subtle in other cases) glow or tint to the background or subject itself.









No comments:

Post a Comment