Thursday 6 November 2014

Cultural Reference- Face Off

Face Off is a TV show where people compete to create the best disguises and make ups in a space of three days. The contestants use a whole variety of materials to create their final pieces, including clothes, wigs, glass, plastic, latex, clay, paint, and more.

There are so many different themes and genres which in each episode they have to create their make up based on, whether it be horror, disney, Tim Burton, imaginary, elements, animals, etc. This is sort of inspires me because all of these make-ups are disguise but there are so many possibilities which I could include into my final piece. I could create a make-up of some sort and then photograph it or I could print of a photograph and then work onto it.

On the show, everybody has different specialties, whether it be creating the models, working with mechanics or airbrushing and applying make-up. I think I'm probably best at the face-paint aspect because I've never actually worked with latex or model building, it would be interesting to try and have a go with it

No comments:

Post a Comment